Monday, May 9, 2011

Six Flags

So, for Mother's Day, we headed to Six Flags over Texas. Caleb and Chloe had never been to an amusement park and I swear if I could have bought them more energy, they could have lasted the entire day....their little bodies just aren't ready for a 10 hour day of riding rides...
Regardless, we had a blast and I am sure the older they get, the longer they will last. I have to confess, I love amusement parks.
This ride, however, was not the best way to start a long day of rides....I love roller coasters, but am not a big fan of the rides that make you dizzy. Luckily, we didn't spin too much and it didn't bother me too much.


The girls waiting for Caleb and Uncle Jeremy to get off the ride - can't remember what the name of it was, but I will always remember the look on Caleb's face as he came down the hill - sheer terror and excitement all wrapped up in one...he was the only one of the kids tall enough to ride this ride.
Basically, this ride took you up backwards, then down straight, turned you upside down a few times then did it all again backwards. I think the boys are in the fourth row from the back (halfway up the hill).
Caleb, Jeremy, and I went to Rockin Rocket (not a great choice right after eating) very much like ocean motion at Cedar point except it turns you all the way upside down and you hang there for a few seconds and then go all the way around a couple of times....The girls went on some smaller rides while they waited for us to get done.
not really sure what this is, but the girls wanted their picture taken with it...
The day was amazing, but very tiring and hot....I think the kids would have loved to get in this water and splash around for a little bit....
Thanks Jeremy and Cindy for letting us tag along on your mother's day outing, we had a blast!

No comments: