Thursday, March 12, 2009

Caleb's soccer game

So, Caleb had his first soccer game of the Spring season last Saturday. I had to miss it because Chloe had a very important party to go to (a girls only tea party for Kendall's birthday), and since we have more than one child, I have to learn that I am going to miss SOME events in my kids' life.......well, this was one that I am really bummed that I missed. Caleb was an all star. He scored 3, yes, 3 goals (if you remember last year, his first game, he stood in the field and cried). He only scored 1 goal the entire season last year, so this was great. He was very excited as were we. Grandpa and Grandma Lunn came and of course, Dad was there. I sent the camera along so I could at least have some pictures. So here they are.....The beginning of the game.......
Scoring his first goal......
Scoring the second goal....apparently Reese kicked it AFTER it already went in.
Celebrating soccer. I do have to add that it was overcast that day, and Josh and I think that helped a lot because normally, Caleb loves to watch his shadow, so since there was no sun, he had nothing to be distracted by....we shall see. I also wonder if his crazy mom wasn't there may have been a good thing. I tend to yell quite loud, so maybe the pressure wasn't there.....I guess I will attempt to not yell so loud next time and hopefully I won't be such a distraction.

1 comment:

Jennifer McGregor said...

AWESOME! Congrats Caleb! LOVE the pictures, he looks so happy! He's like Peter Pan, playing with his shadow... Peter Pan, Peter Parker... you should have named him Peter!!! HA!