Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Garden of the gods......another amazing part of God's creation

We went to the Garden of the gods yesterday and it was gorgeous. There were so many amazing and unexplainable rock formations that you just couldn't wrap your head around the majesty and glory of God's creation. Here is just one example of the amazing beauty we experienced.
Caleb was excited to see the rocks and thought that we were going to climb them...well, he did get to climb some, but of course not the big ones. There were several people there that were actually climbing the bigger rocks, but not us.....My cousin Andrew and his wife Missy along with their daughter came to meet us. They are living in Pueblo pastoring a church there. It was nice to get to know Missy as we had never really met and talked before.
Uncle Terry and Aunt Linda were able to come as well. They are staying with Andrew and Missy while Uncle Terry finds a job. Pray that he finds one soon! It was so nice to catch up with them. I forget how much I love family and just being able to relax and enjoy each other after so long of a time not seeing each other.
Here is the family on one of the rocks we got to "climb" on...the weather was gorgeous, it was almost t-shirt weather, but I didn't have one, so I got a little warm.
The kids had fun climbing the smaller rocks and enjoyed the walk, for the most part. They did get tired by the end, but were good sports about it. Today we are headed to Focus on the Family, I think the kids will like that...a little Adventures in Odyssey anyone??? Will write again when I get home, unless I have time tonight.

1 comment:

Rochel said...

Love the pictures! Reminds me of my trip there...I loved Colorado.