Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chloe's Cheerleading Debut

So, this is one of my more proud moments with Chloe. If you don't know my daughter, you need to know that she is extremely shy and really doesn't like to be the center of attention. She prefers being somewhere that she is very much in control of who and what she does and talks to. So, being the nurturing mother that I am, I signed her up for Cheerleading camp. They practiced four times and then performed at a basketball game. Going into it, I really thought that she was going to freeze and not do ANY of the game. She loved practice and really got into it when she was at home practicing. So, on the day of her game (we had been talking it up all week long), she did great. Now what they do is announce each girl's name and the girls run out to the center of the basketball court BY THEMSELVES WITH EVERYONE CHEERING AND LOOKING AT THEM. Loud music, smoke, strobe lights, tunnel...I was sure I was going to be running out there with her. She proved me wrong when they announced her name, she walked out to her coach and didn't look back. Here she is with her coach and waiting as the basketball players ran between the two rows of cheerleaders.
Here she is cheering for the basketball games going on in front of her AND behind her. I was so proud of her. I took over 200 pictures in less than 15 minutes.....Enjoy the show....
My beautiful girl might just end up being a cheerleader after all...check out that form!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer McGregor said...

Super cute!!! NEVER thought YOU would give birth to a CHEERLEADER, Renae! HA! So proud of Chloe, she looks like she's having a great time!