Monday, October 13, 2008

Kids say the darndest things......

I wanted to share a little story with you about Caleb. He started pre-school in September and he loves it. He has learned so much that surprises me. I am sure you all have had one of those moments when your child says or does something amazing and you didn't teach it to them. Kindof sad, but very cool. The other night over at Grandma's house for dinner, we asked Caleb to pray like he always does (normal prayer - "thank you Jesus for this day thank you for the food, amen"). He said "sure", and proceded by folding his hands and gets real serious, "Our father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name (okay so I am cracking up, never heard him say this before) thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven give us this day our daily bread (I am impressed now and so is everyone else)" Well, I assume he is learning the rest of it at school. I just thought it was so sweet and impressive.

Chloe is talking all the time now. She talks in complete sentences and does say some pretty funny things. When she thinks, she rolls her eyes and says "ummmmm" you have to see it to realize how cute and funny it is. And when I tell her no more, she says "just one more mommy?". She isn't allowed to get on the top bunk, but she will ask, "just for one minute?" how can you refuse her sweet smile and innocence????

No comments: