Saturday, May 23, 2009

Caleb's Spring Program

Caleb had his Spring Program on Wednesday the 13th. He and his classmates showed all the parents what they had learned that year in movement (aka PE). He was pretty excited to show Josh and I all the cool things they had done. He learned how to hop on one foot, gallop, and he is getting pretty good at skipping which I think is hard to do...
They learned about their bones and muscles and had some really cute songs to go along with them (you put your skull in, you put your skull out, you put your skull in and you shake it all about, you do the bone jiggle and you turn your self about, that's what it's all about..get the idea?)The best part was when they tried to say filangies (which I doubt I spelled right), gluteus maximus, and minumus.....but they learned and Caleb has a great memory, so I am sure it will stick with him for a long time.
Here he is with his class...hopefully I don't have to point him out to you.
They went to stations and showed the hand-eye coordination skills that they learned and the eye-foot coordination skills. After they were done, we were able to go play with them and Caleb really liked that. Here he is showing off his muscles.....my favorite part of the show was when Caleb yelled in the middle of the show "MOM.....I love you!!!" awwww, how sweet. When the kids were singing their songs, Caleb was one of the only ones singing loud, so you could really hear him...look out American Idol....

No comments: