Monday, May 25, 2009

Chloe is Three Today!

Well, it is official....Chloe is now a "big girl". Today is her birthday. We are having her party on Saturday, but we wanted this day to be special for her too. When she woke up, we gave her her present from Grandpa and Grandma McGregor and us. She has seen this several times in Target and every time she wants to stay there and play with it. So, I couldn't refuse. She spent the majority of the morning playing with it. We then went to a friend's neighborhood pool and swam and had a picnic. Grandpa and Grandma Lunn came by and picked Caleb and Chloe up to take Chloe shopping for her birthday. She came home with a sick baby. She (the baby) sneezes and needs medicine...it came with a whole dr. kit so that Chloe can take care of her. It is very cute and Chloe is thrilled with it.
Here she is first thing this morning....don't mind the bed head....
She immediately started playing with her new toy...see the baby in the "highchair"? the sink has a pull out shower type thing that is pretty cool as well. Then baby can go to bed in her bed. Underneath the sink and bed is a cupboard that she can store her stuff in and a dowel that she can hang baby clothes on. It is a pretty neat toy. I think I will be playing with it some too.
We went to Grandma Lunn's house for dinner (waffles and eggs - birthday girl's choice) and had a bath. She is pretty darn cute isn't she?
Chloe loves her Grandpa.

So, every year, I tell my kids the things I love about them. This year, I got to tell Chloe 3 things I love about her - it was hard to pick only 3. Here they are - in no particular order:

1. I love her sweet smile and how she loves to laugh

2. I love how thoughtful she is and how she is so willing to help sometimes without even being asked.

3. I love how much she cares about her brother and sister. She would do ANYTHING for them.

I feel quite blessed to have Chloe as my daughter. I am not sure what I would do without her. I remember when I found out she was a girl, I cried because I wanted a boy. How silly of me!! She brings me so much joy and happiness, I can't imagine having anything but her. She fills my heart with so much love. I love you Chloe - Happy Birthday!

No comments: