Thursday, June 18, 2009

Grandma is done working!!!

And this is why she retired.......Her love for the kids is amazing. She has the patience of Job with them and always reminds me of how lucky I am to have my wonderful kids (yes, even on the days I feel like pulling my hair out), and especially how wonderful a mother-in-law I have. God really blessed me with Carol. It was a long road at the beginning of our relationship, but God knew we needed each other, and we eventually worked it out (it didn't take too long once we figured it all out). Now we do really have a nice relationship and the kids can't get enough of their grandma (and grandpa too, can't forget grandpa, but this is a tribute to grandma).
Jeremy and Cindy brought a few "essentials" for retirement like this book "How Not to Become a Little Old Lady", and Memory mints. Sadly for all of us, there were several things in the book that we (us 30somethings) already do.....yikes, I guess we are all getting older and there isn't much we can do about it.
We went out to Olive Garden for dinner and then came back to the house for dessert. The kids played outside and enjoyed the evening (a little cooler than the afternoon, but not much....and we have some shade in the backyard after about 4) by blowing bubbles, swinging, and jumping on the trampoline.

Happy Retirement Carol. I am sure these kids will keep you looking and feeling young! They love you dearly and are so blessed to call YOU Grandma!

No comments: