Thursday, June 18, 2009

Weekend at the lake house

Okay, so I consider myself to be truly blessed. I have a spectacular family, and awesome friends, what more could a girl ask for? So, this past weekend, we went to our friend's lake house for a long weekend. We were joined by 7 other families and had a blast. We went out early on Thursday to help get the house and dock ready for the group. When we arrived, the kids were just itching to get in the water, Caleb didn't hesitate to get in, the girls, were just happy to get on the boat (which didn't happen, couldn't get it started, but got it started the next day, so it wasn't a big deal). So, here are some pictures, I did great at the beginning of the weekend, but as it went on and I got tired, the pictures became few and far between, but I think I got some good ones.
This is Halie - her parents' family owns the lake house. The kids really get along well with each other - BONUS
For some reason, Chloe thought she couldn't get on the boat with her shirt on, so she decided to go shirtless....
On Friday, we pulled all the patio furniture out, put up breakables, gassed up the boats and jet skis, went for an open water swim (that was an experience), and tried to entertain the kids until the crowd arrived.

Sarah was very smart and bought some fun games for the kids to play
Keira tried to play horseshoes...
I got some cute pics of Chloe, don't you think?


Not the greatest picture as far as lighting goes, but they had so much fun playing together
Keira loved these little green chairs. She sat in them most of the weekend.
On Saturday, we spent most of the day on the lake. Amazingly enough, the only one who got burnt was Caleb and it was just a little burn on his face.....it was hot, and the water felt great.
Josh and Chloe rode on the hot dog with Melinda, Carter, Sarah, and Halie....well, this was the second time, the first time, Josh and Chloe fell off....needless to say, she didn't like that too much.
This was also another highlight....Caleb loved jumping off the dock and playing in the water. He would have much preferred to be on the boat or jet ski, but when it wasn't his turn, he satisfied himself with jumping off the dock.
Chloe LOVED the jet ski....she would have lived on it all day if we would have let her.

Caleb and Lane - best buds.....
Okay, so I have to share this story....not as funny reading it I am sure, but I will do my best. Caleb wanted to go on his 4th jet ski ride and I just didn't want to take him, so I asked Paul to take him, and he did. When they returned (about 45 minutes later), Caleb told this story, "Mr. Paul let me drive, I was going really fast and when I saw the boobies, I had to slow down"....Sarah was confused and finally clarified that he had seen bouys (sp) and that is why he needed to go slower. It was much funnier coming from his mouth.
Anyway, after the long drive home (it took longer cuz we went the wrong way) - we stopped by at Tanner's birthday party and the kids played there for about 2 hours. Needless to say, we were all whipped and ready to be home.
This week we are doing VBS and trying to relax in the afternoons....hope you are having a great week!

No comments: