Saturday, July 17, 2010

Toledo, day one

So, we started out on Friday morning at 5 am CST and landed in Toledo at 1 am EST. We had to take longer on our stops to cater to Couper's needs (he's our dog). The kids were so happy to be out of the car. Here they are in the hotel room and they are happy to pose for a picture.
Checking out each other's fruit snacks...
After our friends arrived, we went to subway for lunch then came back to the hotel to swim in the very cold pool. I have to say I was pretty disappointed in the hotel. The pictures were WAY nicer than the hotel itself. Anyway, after swimming, we went to the mall to play in the play area and walk around. Here are some pics of the kids playing around at the mall.


Riding the mini carousel...I think he thinks he is getting too old for this - I have to agree with him...he was getting on and off the whole time.
After the mall, we went to Chili's. This is Ethan, he is Dan and Laura's youngest.
Micah and Tyler
Dan and Laura. Laura and I were roommates for 3 years in college. We were pregnant with our first kids the last time we saw each other and I think each time I got pregnant and called her, each time, she would call me a couple months/weeks later with the same news....It was probably the funniest when I called her with news of being preggo with Keira telling her it was by chance, and she told me that she was certain that they were done....well.....sure enough a couple months later, I get the phone call...Never fear Laura, we are certainly done (snip, snip), so no worries, you can't blame me if you get pregnant again :) Love you girl!
After dinner, we found a park and brought Couper with us so he could get some exercise and get out of the hotel room.



Love this picture!
As I sit here while the kids are going to sleep, we had to turn the tv on to drown out the noises from the pool. When we arrived last night LATE, I was pretty excited that we had a view of the pool. Not so much tonight as the pool doesn't close for another hour and there are at least 50 people out there and they are NOT at all quiet.
Tomorrow, we are going to attempt to go to Lake Erie and see what we can find to do down there, and probably after lunch we will head up to Michigan to see Grandma and Grandpa :) More adventures to come I am certain.

1 comment:

Jennifer McGregor said...

FUN! Happy to see Laura, she looks EXACTLY the same! Their kids are super cute, too! Looks like they are doing really well! Enjoy your visit with them. Miss you!