Monday, April 25, 2011

Dallas Arboretum field trip

So, I got to chaperone Caleb's field trip to the Arboretum and after looking at the pictures, this is the only one I took with flowers behind it....This was a very cool field trip because the kids were free to roam for about 2 hours before they had to attend a class where they learned about the anatomy of the flower. So, we just roamed around and played for the whole time, had a picnic lunch, then went to our class (of which I also took zero pictures). This post is mostly for me so that I can remember all of Caleb's friends when we move....
This is Adrian - they talk video games - naturally they get along great....
Here is the group we hung out with - Jason, Hayden, Adrian, Caleb, Joe, and Briana - we are missing David and Mia...
They had this little village of small houses that the kids had fun playing in
We then realized that there were 7 castles (okay not really castles, more like structures) all over the arboretum, so we set off to find all 7....here we are in the little mermaid. We found all 7 - Princess and the Pea, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Jack and the Beanstalk, Rapunzel, Pocahontas, and Aladdin - may not be 100% correct as I am going off my memory....but close anyway :)
oh, there are some more flowers....
This is Hayden - a very dear friend of Caleb's, they were in Kindergarten together and they both love a lot of the same things....



This is Mia...Caleb and her are "just friends" - he is still set on marrying Adeline (a girl from pre school that he hasn't seen since pre-school) - Mia and Caleb both love Mario...Mia loves Yoshi and Caleb loves Mario...
After we ate lunch, we found this monster hill and let the kids run up and roll down it forever. I distinctly remember doing that in our front yard as a kid....not sure I ever want to do it again, but I am sure I loved it as much as these guys did.
I always love to go on field trips to watch my kids play with their peers and to get to know the other parents. It was a great day.

No comments: