Saturday, April 9, 2011

Keira's third birthday

That's right, gone are the days of the terrible twos.....we have a three year old on our hands. As I type this blog, almost to the exact minute three years ago, my baby girl was born. She has brought us so much unexpected joy that I can't even begin to explain. Three things I love about my Keira:
1. She loves to cuddle and will sit with me for a long time and ready books
2. She has a very large vocabulary and surprises me each and every day with her crazy comments that really shouldn't be coming out of her mouth. (no, they are not bad, just very advanced for a girl her age)
3. She loves to help me with EVERYTHING....always willing to lend a hand.
A little photo shoot before the party....

As the guests arrived, we had color sheets for the girls to color. They were pinkalicious cupcakes....
Once everyone arrived, we sat down for a light lunch of strawberries, watermelon, strawberry sandwiches, bagles with strawberry cream cheese, cherry yogurt covered pretzels, and pink jelly beans... nutritious, I know.
Madeline and Savannah, our neighbors came to join the party.
Emma, our friend came too
Victoria and Chloe
This is where the fun began....we played pin the cherry on the cupcake...Keira wanted nothing to do with this game...wouldn't even put the cherry on without being blindfolded....the other kids liked it though...
then we played a version of musical chairs where I read the story Pinkalicious and every time I said the word pink, they had to move chairs...again, Keira had nothing to do with this game either....I was beginning to wonder who I was having the party for.....
Then it was cake time...pinkalicious cupcakes....again, not a fan of being sang to and being made the center of attention....she wanted nothing to do with the cupcake or blowing out the candles...so I did it for her....
Jacob, Emma's brother came to hang out with Caleb during the party
Keira wouldn't eat her cupcake, but did enjoy her ice cream

I could have just invited others over just for the presents, because Keira was SUPER cute opening her presents.... she gave everyone a hug after opening their present. She got some amazing stuff and was thrilled with each present.
Grandma McGregor made Keira 2 very cute dresses which I will post pictures of later.


After everyone left, we took some more pictures, then enjoyed Grandma's waterslide.
Her new pinkalicious outfit and doll from Grandma Lunn





A wonderful day with family! Happy Birthday Keira

1 comment:

McGilvray Family said...

How funny-we're going to do a Pinkalicious party for Ashlyn and Makenzie's combined family party at the end of April. The girls LOVE that book! Can't believe Keira is 3 and that Ashlyn will be soon! Hope you are all doing well!