Sunday, April 3, 2011

Saturday with the family

Our weekend started with Grandma Lunn picking the kids up promptly at 3, then Josh and I went on a very large date....we went shopping (neither one of us like to shop really, so this was big...) - I needed some new running shoes, then bought Caleb an Easter outfit, then we went out to eat at our current favorite restaurant, Rockfish....love it! After dinner, we went to a couple more stores, then met a bunch of friends at the bowling alley for a Sunday School date night. We had a lot of fun bowling with friends...let the record show that I beat Josh (never happens) in both games...(thankfully, we didn't get to finish the second game, I think he may have beat me if we had)....After bowling, we (Josh and I) went to starbucks for coffee, then headed to the movies for a late movie which we haven't done in FOREVER. We saw The Adjustment Bureau, it was pretty good.

Saturday morning, we got up and went for a run together (again, NEVER happens) mostly because I had to try out my new shoes, but also because it was a great morning to run. After our run, we went and picked up the kids from Grandma's house and took them to Home Depot for their monthly kids workshop - very cool, and free (1st Saturday of the month at most home depot stores). After the workshop, we went to the kids' favorite park and rode bikes....

Caleb is not a huge fan of riding the bike...hopefully, it will be more fun the more he does it.
Chloe loves to ride her bike and is almost ready to take the training wheels off.
Keira likes it okay, but isn't as excited about it as I would like her to be..
After riding around the park, we played in the park...

then had a snack....
It was pretty warm there. We heard the ice cream truck and so we let the kids get some ice cream (always knew it was a rip off, but apparently it is worth it to the kids). We went home and relaxed for awhile, then headed back to Grandma and Grandpa's house for steaks and family time with cousins. We had a great day although Caleb and Chloe both got slivers in their hand, neither of which were fun to get out, but they are now sliver free and happy :).....

hope your weekend was as great as mine!

3 comments:

Rochel said...

Looks like an awesome weekend. I need new running shoes too...last pair I got was before I was pregnant with Eli...sadly they still have less than 200 miles on them 3 year later...

Jennifer McGregor said...

I'm so impressed you stayed awake for your date! I'm asleep by 9 these days! I guess the Starbucks helped??!! Glad you had fun! cute pictures of the kids!

In His Dust said...

Miss you guys!! Emily><>