Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pray for Sharon

I know most of you are family and are the only ones who read this, but I thought I would send you an update on my friend Sharon. Sharon and Matt came to our Sunday School class years ago, so we have known them for quite some time. It is at this time in our lives that we tend to take for granted our health. What seemed like a very healthy man, was instead one on the last days of his life. What would he have done differently? I start to question my attitude towards so many things (husband, cleaning, kids, all the run of the mill daily grind things that seem so daunting sometimes). Then I go to their house and notice all the small things that you wouldn't think twice of in any other situation - 2 sonic drinks in the fridge, Matt's hat and ipod on the counter, leftover food from the last night out they had....a grocery list of the groceries they were planning to get tonight.....things that might annoy you if they were left out, but now are precious memories. I can't imagine what is going through her mind. Matt and Sharon were soul mates. Words don't do them justice, everytime you saw them, you could just tell they were in love, completely and truly in love. Holding hands all the time, Matt took great care of Sharon and vice versa. Matt died this morning at 9:15 from a pulmonary embolism (sp) which is a blood clot in his lungs if I understand correctly. Please pray for Sharon, I think she is very angry especially at God. Life for them had been hard, they had been trying for years to have kids, had a couple miscarriages, and were in the middle of fertility treatments (which were in the refridgerator). My heart breaks for Sharon, but one thing I pray that she holds on to is God's love which I am afraid that she is having a hard time doing right now. Please pray that she feels God's love and doesn't become bitter and hateful towards God. I know it would be very hard not to feel a little anger towards God. I do believe that God puts people in our lives for a season and hopefully they are here for a long season, but sometimes it gets cut short and that is the hard part. Keep her in your prayers. I know I am praying hard for her.

1 comment:

Rochel said...

We're praying...I can't even imagine...