Friday, April 16, 2010

Keira's Birthday

Well, I can't believe that my baby is 2!! She has brought so much love, joy, and laughter to our house. She is probably the easiest of the three - maybe because she was just born that way, or maybe because she loves her life - either way we are all lucky to have her in our family. Don't get me wrong underneath her sweet sweet smile is a huge piece of her mommy and when that comes out, not so sweet:) However, if there are any of you who are considering a third child, do it, you won't regret it. Once she started walking, my life got a whole lot easier.....the first year was hard, but oh so worth it.
On her birthday we went to the grass maze (as you know, one of our favorite places), had a picnic and let the girls play. After the grass maze, we went to ToysRus and let Keira pick out her birthday present (from Grandma Lunn - she was with us)....here are some pics from the grass maze....
Getting loves from her sister
The shirt rings true, she is a sweetie pie
Peek a boo!!!
Poor thing was cursed with my fine hair and it is very hard to keep it from going all over the place...cute picture though.
That evening, the family came over for hot dogs and mac and cheese (Keira's favorite). We ate and played outside.

Cupcake time....
too windy to light the candle
but we pretended to blow it out anyway.
Eating as Chloe would say, "like a pig" - this made me laugh
Apparently didn't like the pig comment
accompanied by siblings and cousins...what more could a girl ask for?


and of course, you can't forget the gifts....this one was pretty cute, she loved it (and had played with it earlier at ToysRus).
Two things I love about my sweetie pie:
1. She LOVES to cuddle early in the morning before anything, she comes and cuddles with me on the couch.
2. She is so determined to do things BY HERSELF - doesn't want any help. That determination will take her far in life.

2 comments:

Rochel said...

I feel like I'm all caught up with your family :) Hope your foot is healing well. I have yet to see a picture of you on crutches...I think that's a picture you should have for the memory books.
We're praying for you!

Cyn said...

Love these pics! What a cute 2 year old she is! We love you Keira!