Friday, April 16, 2010

Spring Break

We decided to stay home for Spring Break, much to my disliking, I had all these ideas from going on a 5 state trip, to going to see my family in Florida. But here we are, at home, but we did have fun. The events are in no particular order.....We went to the zoo - thanks to our passes, it was a free day (minus the cost of gifts at the end) and it was fun. There were quite a few people there (not as bad as half price day with Rick and Kristi in July), but we managed to find some cool places to look at animals. The tiger was actually out and walking around (this is a first for us all year). Funny enough, the stroller was used mainly by Caleb....go figure....
My camera was out of battery, so I have very few pictures to share....had to take the battery out and put it back in to get one picture. It made me enjoy the day with the kids instead of with my camera - I think I won :)
Cute, eh?
Lunchtime, we brought a simple lunch and ate in the kids area. The table next to us brought a huge lunch and I was really hoping they would ask us to join them because their food looked WAY better. We had to settle with our PB&J sandwiches....
Not the greatest picture, I know, but it is cute nonetheless...the only shot I could get in the time I had (remember, between pictures, I had to pull the battery out and put it back in in order to get a picture - the kids weren't in on waiting for the camera).
We had fun as a family and that is what mattered, right?

No comments: