Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Gymnastics Update

This week the parents were allowed to come into the gym and take pictures of the girls during practice. So, I took my camera and went to work. I couldn't use my flash and have not mastered the movement in pictures (any suggestions?), so I apologize for any blurry pictures.

Here they are doing their high kicks...
attempting to walk on her hands...
Handstand into front roll... this is the front roll part...
roundoff...
cartwheel
back roll into pike position
Beam work....

once she realized I was taking her picture, she looked at me when performing her stunts....not sure that is what she is supposed to be doing..
tuck jump - she landed all of these too...
split jump
this is part of the beam routine they are working on...
V sit
after the v sit, they kick their legs back to the top of the beam and land in a pike postition.

Handstand dismount.....
rock wall play time...
Here is the group of girls she has been training with the past 7 months. Chloe and Kami - the two in the middle - are staying at this level while the others are moving up to the next level. I honestly think that Chloe is super close to moving up and at the end of the summer they are going to reevaluate her. She is the youngest and has been in the least amount of time, so it is pretty accurate that she stay where she is.
2020 Olympics...? She loves gymnastics, and she is good at it, so whatever happens, as long as she is happy, so are we :)

No comments: