Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January 2010

Okay, so I guess the number of pictures I took at Christmas made me burnt out. It seems like every January, I have no pictures until Caleb's birthday, so I made a little bit of an effort this January....as you can see, I didn't have much to pick from. Here is what we have been up to....

Chloe got dress up stuff for Christmas and I loved this picture, just soo sweet.


We went to the park with our friends Halie and Austin, had fun while the dads were out running. If I remember correctly, it was a nice evening, not too cold.


We also attended a fundraiser event for a boy in our church who has been struggling with a rare form of liver cancer for almost 4 years. He has had numerous (over 30) rounds of chemo and has spent his lifetime amount with his insurance, so needless to say, they needed money to be able to continue treatment. The event raised over $40,000 and was a bunch of fun. We got t-shirts, face painted, hair painted, limo rides, jump houses, bake sale items, and just enjoyed doing something fun and not caring that we were spending a little bit of money, knowing it was a good cause. Pray for Carson. They are in Guatemala now trying out a new treatment that I believe is one of their last hopes. Pray that it works. They are there for 12 weeks, that is a long time to be out of school and away from friends and family. Carson is in 1st grade and his brother is in 3rd I believe.
Probably the most exciting thing so far this January was the fact that Caleb lost his first tooth. I knew it was coming as I could see the permanent one already through behind it. He came out one night and said, "look what happened?" Thank goodness this one didn't bleed....So, the tooth fairy visited that night (thank goodness she had something for a last minute tooth emergency). She left him Luigi, something I was planning on getting him for his birthday, thank goodness I hadn't gotten it yet......he was pretty excited and is now even more excited for his birthday. I am sure to take lots of pictures on his birthday. More of that to come later :)

No comments: