Tuesday, January 5, 2010

December - it is gone already!!!

Okay, so the month got away from me and I am now posting about the rest of our advent activities....some I have pictures for, some I don't, so you will have to forgive me if this one is long...... Here we are at the grass maze. We frequent this place a lot during the spring and summer, all three kids LOVE coming here. We play hide and seek in the grass maze, and almost always, the kids want one of us to be the monster and chase them. Of course, Chloe loves to play in the train station where she sells any kind of food to you and tickets to anywhere.


Another one of our Advent activities included making sugar cookies. We had fun making them and decorating them the next day (another activity which I failed to take pictures of). Although I did get a picture of Keira eating one....she thoroughly enjoyed her cookie, thanks Aunt Rochel for sharing your recipe, we loved them and are excited to make some more!



After we made our cookies, decorated, and enjoyed some, we packaged them up and delivered them to some of our friends (another activity that I didn't take pics of). We had fun driving for 2+ hours (okay, not so much fun, but we got them all delivered).
We also went out to eat at Chik-fil-a (Chloe's choice - didn't take pictures of that either, loser, I know)
Another activity that we did that I again didn't take pictures of was getting ice cream and driving around to see the lights. We found this fabulous neighborhood where EVERY house was lit up AND it was amazing. There were so many amazing light displays, I wish I would have taken pictures, next year, I will.
Here is our neighborhood progressive dinner party. This is a new activity that I really enjoyed and I think the kids did too. We started at our house with a craft and an appetizer, then we went to the Dodson's house for dinner, and finally to the Nolan's house for dessert and book exchange for the kids. It was a fun filled night.

Caleb Keira Madeline


Savannah Ryan Aaron


Chloe Kendall

We have GREAT neighbors!!!

One last Advent activity that we did that I actually took pictures of was opening one present. Earlier in the month (no pics) we went to the dollar store and the kids bought presents for each other. We let them open one on this night. It was fun and of course, the kids didn't want to stop, but we made them. I told them that if they complained about what they got, then they would have to give it back, well, Caleb opened his (which I really can't blame him, it was a stamp set with toy story stamps - he loves toy story and Chloe picked that out for him for that very reason) and said, "well, I don't really like this, but I sort of do....." I am pretty sure Chloe had no clue that he didn't like it, but I made sure to tell him that she really thought about his gift because she knew he loved Toy Story.


We also had a playdate at a jump house with Caleb's school friends which was a lot of fun. We had movie night, a Happy Birthday Jesus party, and just had a lot of really great family time.

Christmas pictures to be posted soon!!!

2 comments:

Rochel said...

Cute pictures :) You can always cheat like I did and use Jennifer's blog to update your Christmas pics :) I was just way too far behind!

In His Dust said...

Thank you so much for our cookies!!! They were wonderful! It made our day!