Sunday, January 10, 2010

Visiting Grandpa Tuinstra

One day we went to see my Grandpa Tuinstra at the nursing home he lives in. It was so nice to see him and see how happy he is, it is like he has this little boy inside him and he is so sweet. He loved opening his presents and loved seeing the kids. We sang several Christmas carols and he broke out in "I'm so glad, I'm a part of the family of God...." I was surprised I knew all the words after so many years of not singing that song. It is great to see him happy as we all wondered if he would be happy in the home and he really is.
Chloe helps with the presents, hmmmm I wonder why????
A nice picture of my mom and her dad.....
It is always so sweet to be able to see my Grandpa when we go to Michigan. I treasure those small moments as I know there may not be too many left. Love you Grandpa!!!

No comments: