Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Last Wednesday

Today we went to Jack Carter Pool in Plano - it is quickly becoming one of my favorite pools (the kids' too). Keira had a great time this time, she became more adventurous and decided she was going to go down the slide - it is a small slide with water shooting down it and a puddle at the end. Needless to say, she LOVED it. I would have taken her picture, but I really needed to be at the bottom to catch her. Caleb has lots of fun here, but he gets bored quickly and decides he wants to go to the BIG pool. which I constantly have to remind him that it doesn't open until 12 noon....
Chloe is not the most adventurous, she tends to stay off the slides and plays with the pool toys that we bring. She has fun though and that is all that matters. Caleb and his two best friends CJ and Lane. They had so much fun together. We ate lunch before heading over to the big pool.
Thank goodness for Grandma - taking three kids to the pool is never easy, so Grandma being there was SOOOOO nice. She held Keira and let me get in the pool with Caleb and Chloe. THANK YOU!!!
I made Caleb practice swimming before I would let him jump off the diving board. He did great, I think if I keep working with him, he will be able to be on the swim team by the time he is 6.
After quite a bit of practice, we headed over to the diving board....12 ft. deep, no life jacket, no goggles, and no one there to catch you.....mom was a little nervous (actually this was the second time we had been there, so he had done it before).
Here he goes....this was one of many jumps....he loved it and by the end, he was going off the end of the diving board instead of the side like he is here.


Swimming to the ladder, slowly but surely. He actually is a lot better than he was the last time he did this. Coming up for air.
Okay, so I really took a ton of pictures and could show you a lot of pictures, but I tried to show you one specific "dive". I deleted one of the pictures and am really annoyed because for some reason I can't figure out how to move pictures down the blog only up (new laptop maybe???), so if I were to add the picture back in it would be at the top...arrggghhhhh....if you have any suggestions, please let me know. I did the whole click and drag, but that is the only way I know how to move them down in the blog....
Caleb is so ready to go to Kindergarten, but I am trying to live it up these last few days. He is starting t-ball tomorrow night. I signed him up late and they already have had one practice, so we have to get going on that. He is excited to try that, we will see....sorry Ryan, but baseball is pretty boring to me, hopefully if my Caleb is playing I will get more into it....here's hoping....
Tomorrow I get to spend the afternoon with Caleb, not sure what the plan is, but I am looking forward to spending some one on one time with him. Will post more pictures then!

2 comments:

Rochel said...

I can't believe you think baseball is BORING! What are you going to do when Eli is a star short-stop? You'll have to fake loving it then :)

Mother of three said...

I will love it because it will be exciting then :) I think when Caleb is playing it will be fun too....