Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of School

Here is my boy at 1 1/2 years old...it doesn't seem that long ago that we were in Atlanta visiting Josh ...but it was 4 years ago. You can certainly tell it is Caleb, he hasn't changed much except gotten a lot bigger and a few more freckles.
Here he is - 4 years later on his first day of Kindergarten....he is standing outside of his classroom getting ready to go in....
Here is his teacher, Mrs. Tillett (I know she looks really young, but that just means I am getting older....I like to think I looked that young when I first started teaching too), she is very sweet and I know Caleb is going to have a lot of fun with her.
Here is Caleb's cubby that he will keep his backpack and lunch box in. He is number 15 (I assume she went alphabetically) - I was hoping for #1, but not everyone thinks he is as awesome as I do...wait till the end of the year, I am sure she will agree with me then :)
Here is Caleb and CJ, both very excited to be starting school in the same classroom with their best friend. I am thrilled that they get to have this experience together. At first I was a little nervous, but I am sure they will do great.
Here he is at his desk. You can see the little cup with crayons and a pencil that each student has with their name and number on the outside. Caleb sat down and started decorating his name plate....with none other than Mario. He loves to draw Mario and he is pretty good at it.
And that is it....my baby has started Kindergarten. Not one tear was shed on either side, that either means I am not very emotional (not true) or we were both ready to get started with school....I am going with the second one.
It has been a quite day so far and I am sure after the first week, I might really miss Caleb not being here, but for now, I am enjoying my girls and excited that Caleb is happy to be at school. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

He looks so cute! and "ready"! Hard to believe he's old enough for this! Hang in there... summer will be back before you know it! It comes quicker and quicker each year! Love you guys... WAY TO GO, CALEB!!!

Rochel said...

YAY CALEB! It's crazy to think he's in school already! I'm sure he'll be in the '#1 spot' before you know it...HA!